This post explains how to set up port forwarding on a BT Home Hub 5 for OpenVPN. I have OpenVPN server running on Raspberry Pi which needed port forwarding set up to allow devices to connect.
Connect your Raspberry Pi to your home network.
- Open your browser and enter 192.168.1.254 in the address bar to open the Hone Hub admin page.
- Click Advanced Settings and enter your Admin user password
- Click on Continue to Advanced Settings
- Click on Firewall
- Click Manage games and applications (just above the Apply and Cancel buttons)
- Click Add new game or application
- For Game/application name: enter OpenVPN
- For Copy an existing game/application: click No
- For Protocol select UDP
- For Port Range enter 1194 in both fields
- For Translate To enter 1194 in both fields
- Click Add then Apply then Back to Port Forwarding
- In the Game or Application drop-down list select OpenVPN
- In the Device drop-down list select pi-osmc (i.e. the name of your Pi on your network)
- Click the Add button then click the Apply button
Port forwarding should now set up to direct OpenVPN traffic to your Pi.