This brief post explains how to set a device connected to you home network to have a static internal IP address on a BT Home Hub 5 router. (If you are looking for information on how to set up an external IP address see this post).
For this post I’m going to give my Raspberry Pi (with OSMC installed) a static internal IP address.
Connect your Raspberry Pi to your home network.
- Open your browser and enter 192.168.1.254 in the address bar to open the Hone Hub admin page.
- Click Advanced Settings and enter your Admin user password
- Click on Continue to Advanced Settings
- Click on Home Network
- Locate the Pi on the diagram (mine is called pi-osmc) and click on its link
- Under the Addressing header locate IP Address and note the current address.
- Locate Always use this IP address and click on Yes
- Click Apply. You can now close your browser.